Monday, September 17, 2012

September 17, 2012

One of the great things about being an Associate Pastor is the fact that you don't have to preach every Sunday. I have really enjoyed this on a few different levels.

The first being that I don't have to prepare a sermon every week. I get at least 2 weeks every time. This helps in the preparation, marination?, and overall delivery of the sermon in my opinion.

Second, I get to hear someone else (Senior Pastor) preach. I get to share in the knowledge and work that he has put in, the words that God has given him that week.

Some notes from this last week's sermon:

"You just can't keep us from Jesus." - I really liked this quote.

Spiritual Growth doesn't happen by accident.

Develop good spiritual habits. Don't focus on the mess, focus on Christ.

Praise the Lord for not having to preach every Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment